I’ve spent a lot of time along side the tidal Thames.
Most of that much further down river. My first job, working with seafood, relied on it as it’s life blood. As I’ve said in my about page I just like being being by water! I’ve been tweaking this photo a little as the sky in the original was a little dull and bland. Learning Photshop is… interesting! Lots to get my head around in this very powerful tool.
Some facts about the River Thames:
- It’s the longest river completely in England.
- Second longest in the UK after the River Seven
- There are a total of 104 bridges that cross the river
- It used to freeze over and “frost fairs” used to be held on the ice
- A path of 184 miles follows the course of the river
- The flows for a total of 215 miles